History of Trail Eagles #2838

Located at 1505 Bay Ave, Trail, British Columbia, Aerie #2838 started with 183 members on May 19, 1948 . Meetings were held for the next 24 years in different halls and private rooms. On March 14, 1956 the Castlegar (Columbia Valley) Aerie #3107 consolidated into the Trail Aerie. In 1972 our membership was up as was the lease to the hall we rented. It was decided to look for a larger hall to rent or own. The SuperValu building at 1505 Bay Avenue was up for sale and in April of 1972, with a mortgage from the Warfield Credit Union, the Eagles purchased the building.

The cost to renovate the building to a clubroom was to be approximately $15,000. To raise this money, debentures of $100 were sold to our members. With this money and volunteer help the renovations were complete. In May 1972, we initiated 88 members and in the next 5 months, 309 members were initiated. In the 1977-78 year, our debentures were paid off and in January 1984 our mortgage was paid. In 2007, we moved to our new building at 1650 McLean St.

Even today with our large membership our club is operating on mostly volunteer help from out members. Since 1948, the FOE Eagles has been a "People Helping People" organization. With monies raised since 1948 for different charities by volunteer help. Throughout the year, all officers, bartenders, door people and committee members are volunteer. Without volunteers we could not be in business. Thank you all.

Today the Aerie has 47 members and the Auxiliary has 69.

Eagles Home